Sherry knew that she needed help for her knee. X-rays showed bone on bone degeneration in her right knee. She had tried non-invasive injections and ibuprofen to mask the pain, but after suffering for four years, Sherry scheduled the big one: A FULL KNEE REPLACEMENT.
Although she knew she needed a surgical solution, Sherry was disappointed with the realities of a full knee replacement.
- she would endure a long intense recovery,
- she would lose natural supporting ligaments and stability, and
- that statistically she faced possible full knee replacement failure.
But then she heard about Avnew Health and ROBOTIC-ASSISTED PARTIAL KNEE RESURFACING.
Avnew Health is a care coordination company that would allow her to:
- save money,
- be treated to a first class medical tourism experience in the US, and most importantly
- have her knee restored using medical technology by a top specialist.
An Avnew Health care coordinator showed Sherry that she had more OPTIONS than those offered to her locally. Avnew Health offers access to the latest in robotic-assisted technology, experienced surgeons, through medical tourism. Sherry sent her x-rays to Avnew to see if she could be a candidate for the partial knee resurfacing that 60% of those undergoing a full knee replacement are eligible for. She was! Sherry’s partial knee resurfacing would be confined to her lateral compartment.
Her procedure would allow her to:
- keep supporting ligaments,
- rebuild the damaged portion of her knee, and
- restore her natural range of motion.
Sherry chose a robotic-assisted partial knee resurfacing with Avnew Health and cancelled her full knee replacement.